Little Kitchen Academy is the first-of-its-kind Montessori-inspired cooking academy, providing a safe and empowering environment to learn practical life skills, confidence, independence, and healthy eating habits.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, the concept was co-founded by proven global branding and franchise expert and serial entrepreneur Brian Curin, his wife, Montessori-trained, culinary expert, and visionary Felicity Curin, and social impact investor and entrepreneur Praveen Varshney, with the vision of becoming the global leader in teaching practical life skills and food literacy to children in order to promote a more educated, independent and healthier society.
With over 188 locations open or in development, LKA is currently seeking further growth throughout strategic countries internationally with franchise partners who genuinely connect with our purpose and are inspired by our goal of creating more educated, mindful and healthy communities globally.
True to its mission, LKA is empowering children to make independent choices, enabling them to change their lives, and those around them. Part of that mission includes empowering students to learn how they can make the world a better place through How Can I Help by Little Kitchen Academy, LKA’s signature philanthropic program. In addition to charitable partnerships, LKA has forged strategic global brand partnerships with AeroGarden, BIRKENSTOCK, ChefWorks, ChopValue, Emeco, Iron Chef Cat Cora, PRISE Inc., and Welcome Industries. Little Kitchen Academy’s flagship venues are located in Vancouver, B.C., and Los Angeles, California.
- A rapid, strategic growth and a disciplined and surgical approach has helped LKA grow from an idea to 15 locations open and 188 locations open or in development.
- Strong unit level economics.
- We have a strong LKA Leadership Team with deep Montessori understanding and extensive experience and scaling recognizable brands globally including Flip Flop Shops, Joe’s Jeans, Moe’s Southwest Grill, and Cold Stone Creamery.
- Strong partnerships developed with industry-leading brands like AeroGarden, BIRKENSTOCK, ChefWorks, ChopValue, Emeco, Iron Chef Cat Cora, PRISE Inc., and Welcome Industries
- Sustainability infused into every aspect of the brand from educating our students about the circular economy to partnering with brands helping to turn waste into beautiful, functional products, sustainability and care of environment is fundamental to our brand.
Little Kitchen Academy sees the UK as an obvious market to change lives from scratch, with the growing number of children’s enrichment centers opening across the country and insatiable appetite for Montessori education.